THe view from the Galley Window

THe view from the Galley Window

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

Well I have to say that this is has been a down sorta day!! This is the first holiday I've been away from home and knowing that they are together without me is not a happy time. The guys have been super nice!! They loved the tablecloth and napkins. In fact, they wouldn't use the napkins they left them on the table all day!! And the baskets were a tremendous hit I think. Sean and Justin took pictures and sent home!! LOL I made pancakes this morning and while they weren't as pretty as Marty's, they seemed to hit the spot!!

Fried chicken went off without a hitch except those were the biggest chicken breasts I have ever seen! They had to weigh a pound apiece. I could only fit two in the fryer at a time. But we had mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, green beans and lima beans along with cornbread with the chicken. I fried two chickens plus eight legs and they ate it all but one breast!! And for dessert we had banana pudding. Epic win!!

For dinner we had chicken Alfredo, glazed carrots, salad and garlic bread. I'm thinking about including recipes in my blog as well. What about that idea?

It has been a pretty calm day. I did my laundry and cleaned out the closet in my room. I found four blankets and six sets of sheets. I kept three sets of sheets and two blankets and Teno took care of the rest. They say the river is dropping so we may actually get to move from here this week. Miles told me at dinner that he is suppose to crew change back to his boat on Tuesday so I guess he won't be staying with us. :(

I think its about time for a shower and bed cause...... let's say it all together......

3 am comes really early!!! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment