THe view from the Galley Window

THe view from the Galley Window

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 1 Orientation

Well by 5:30 am Louanne is on her way back to Brookhaven. She has blood pressure problems, but will have the opportunity to come back on March 28 if she can get them under control. So all her pots and pans, knives and clothes are gone. After peeing in a cup, (again) blowing in a tube, taking a bone strength test on a wrist bone I broke (when I was 10), and a Heart stress test (at least I know I have one, that has been debateable in the past) and four hours I am pronounced ready to be one of Ingram's finest.



Back to the training barge and while all I want is a nap, we proceed to the classroom for an introduction to Ingram's policies and procedures, warning bells, and do's and don't's. I look around at the 20 other people and wonder how many will be left by Thursday. With the exception of Anita, early 60's and me, everyone else is 30 or younger and plan to be deckhands. I get the news that since Louanne left, Anita and I will be roommates and so I go back upstairs, move my stuff down the hall, and make my bed yet again!!

By 5 o'clock, I am brain dead and hoping I don't look as worn down and glassy eyed as every one else. We eat a quick dinner and Anita and I hit the hay and are in bed by 7 cause I get the update that Tuesday morning is my turn to cook breakfast and I get dinner on Tuesday night. Oh yeah I have to be up at 3 am.
Have I made a terrible mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment